Let’s take a quick look at continuing and emerging trends in video for 2017. We’ll give you an overview of developing industry expectations in about 5 minutes of reading.
Social media is a vast, incredibly complex landscape, and its parameters change on a regular basis.
As mobile devices and hosting infrastructure have improved, it’s become easier to distribute and view video. Video will likely keep growing during 2017 and through the end of the decade.
Here are a few video marketing trends that should be prominent in the New Year:
Lilach Bullock highlighted the following stats in Social Media Today (based on a curated statistical roundup):
- One out of three online user minutes is spent consuming video.
- 3 videos per month is the average rate at which a user watches video.
- Three in four Internet-using adults (75%) have clicked on a video ad in the last 30 days.
- Three in four business decision-makers (75%) watch one or more informational videos from business sites weekly.
- Just over a third of video viewers (36%) say they trust them.
In other words, video has become increasingly popular. The one catch is the last number showing that there is a barrier in creating trust (after all, 64% say they do not trust video).
Expect for companies to continue to take steps to create more trust with video – especially by creating rapport and engaging the audience through storytelling – as is central to our perspective at Golden Arm Media.
Don’t just take it from us: “Telling stories through video is a highly-effective way to build excitement, nurture relationships, and motivate your audience,” said Bullock. “When done right, stories convey relatable information that evokes emotion and creates a memorable experience.”
Tips continue below.
Do you think well-crafted storytelling video could improve your online presence? At Golden Arm Media, our video content entertains and influences your audience by connecting their minds and emotions with your product or service.