When you upload a video to YouTube, the whole idea is to have a lot of people see it – but getting attention can be challenging. What steps can you take to improve your reach? Here are 12 ideas:
- Use a broad set of keywords in your tags.
- Don’t just create one video but produce and upload them consistently, just like any other content.
- Your video file should both be accurate and should contain your keywords.
- Create a transcript of your marketing video, and copy/paste it in as the description.
- Reply to a video that is already trending, suggested Kissmetrics founder Neil Patel.
- To generally build your audience, tell the audience to click the Subscribe button right above your video.
- Include annotations. James Wedmore of Social Media Examiner recommended writing CTAs into speech-bubble annotations, aligned directly below the Subscribe button. He noted you can also “add an image, graphic or ‘button’ to the video and overlay it with a ‘Spotlight’ annotation that links directly to your channel subscribe page.”
- As soon as you post the video, share it to all your social platforms and e-mail list, and embed it on your site.
One way to give your video a boost is to ensure that it tells a compelling story. At Golden Arm Media, our video content entertains and influences your audience by connecting their minds and emotions with your product or service.