Here is some basic, quick advice on putting together a great shoot for a video that engages and informs your audience.
- Tip #1 – Give yourself plenty of time
- Tip #2 – Understand your audience
- Tip #3 – Set your goal & keep it in mind
- Tip #4 – Draft a script, shot list and production schedule
Are you wanting to put together a video to market your business online? Here is how to put together a video shoot that will result in content you can feel proud to share.
Give yourself plenty of time
Making a video is essentially confronting a series of visual questions and branding decisions. Don’t add to the stress by not giving yourself enough time. Be well-prepared, and move forward systematically.
Understand your audience
The first thing you want to do is establish your target by figuring out exactly whom you are trying to reach. If you have user personas that you’ve developed for your site, you can incorporate those into answering this question: which persona(s) does this video address?
Set your goal & keep it in mind
Establish exactly what your objectives are. Once you know where you want to be headed, it’s then important to keep that goal central to your process as you move forward.
Outline your direction by completing a project brief, containing the following:
- Project specifications — Describe the number of videos you’re creating, length, and the amount of time you’ll need to spend filming.
- Overview — Jot down a short paragraph summing up the intent behind the video, the target demographic you’ve established, and the central message you want to convey.
- Outline — Think about how you specifically envision the video playing out, and outline the script.
Draft a script, shot list and production schedule
As you develop the script from the outline, it’s also time to really think about the technical and logistical aspects of the shoot itself. Create a shot list (a chart that describes each of the shots you need to get). Then put together a production schedule (a calendar establishing when various scenes will be shot).
Getting your message in motion
Do you want help to be certain that you develop an effective, targeted video? At Golden Arm Media, we help craft your visual narrative to optimize your marketing power and attract more customers. Learn more.